Grievance Redressal Cell
Protection of human rights is essential for all round development of an individual's personality. To realize the primary needs of the students and staff and secure civil liberties for everybody, a Grievance Redressal Cell has been constituted. The cell is intended to find solutions for grievances like physical or mental harassment, complaints regarding class room teaching, class room management, completion of syllabus, teaching methodology, infrastructure maintenance and upgradation, etc. if and when they arise. The Grievance Redressal Cell has been set up in the college to genuinely understand the grievances of students and parents and to ensure remedial action. The principal of the college shall appoint a committee to function as Grievances Redressal Cell. The cell consists of at least 3 Staff members and 4 Student members from various departments of the college. A senior teacher will act as the coordinator. The Committee has tenure of three academic years.
|1||Ms.B.ASHA||Asst. Prof, Dpartment of Computer Science, Co-ordinator|
|2||A.ALPHONSE CYNTHIA||Asst. Prof, Dpartment of Tamil|
|3||K.DEEPA||Asst. Prof, Dpartment of English|
|4||K.KAVITHA||Asst. Prof, Dpartment of Hospital Addministration|
Student Council Members
|4||A.LINDA VINOLA||TRANSPORT SECRETARY|
|6||V.SIVA SURYA||ENVIRONMENT SECRETARY|
Student Grievance Policy
- The College has a transparent mechanism to address the grievances of students. A Bon Secours can appeal for a grievance through letters dropped in suggestion Box, or formal representation through class Teachers and BSSA (Bon Secours Student Arm).
- If a student has any Grievance regarding the infrastructure facilities and services offered or any other requirements the student will convey it in the Student forum Meet through the class Leaders or drop letters in the suggestion box and through online. The BSSA Meet is attended by the Student Leaders and grievances are represented to the Principal. The Vice Principal and student council Co-ordinator are also present.
- The letter regarding and grievance or suggestion can be dropped in the Suggestion Box kept all the blocks inside the College premises. Student Grievance Cell maintains a log book to record student complains. Upon receipt of the formal grievance from the student, the Principal shall review the Grievance along with the Grievance Redressal Committee Members whether the grievance is within the limits of the student Grievance Procedure, and assess facts if true, or not and take necessary steps to redress the grievance in time.
- If the Principal determines that a complaint is genuine, timely, and a necessity copies of the complaint will be provided to the members of the Grievance Redressal Committee, and will arrange for corrective measures. The final decision is taken by the Principal.
- The College has Zero-Tolerance to Ragging. Anti-Ragging Campaigns are conducted annually at the beginning of the academic year to ensure a safe and healthy environment for Freshers and the students can meet the Principal personally and convey their grievances if any.
The cell deals with grievances received from the students and staff about any of the following matters.
Academic matters: Resolved by Academic Council Financial and Infrastructure matters: Resolved by Management.
The final responsibility for grievance redressal rests with the Principal of the college. Few of the grievances redressed in the last two years are ...
- Increased the number of books in the book bank section of the central library
- Improvement of food quality and pricing in the canteen
- Addition of new classrooms.
- Gymnasium work in progress.
- Extra bus facilities to be arranged for the staff who work during the staggered hours.